Here I am to Worship…

“Shout for joy, O heavens, for the LORD has done it! Shout joyfully, you lower parts of the earth; Break forth into a shout of joy, you mountains, O forest, and every tree in it; For the LORD has redeemed Jacob And in Israel He shows forth His glory.” Isaiah 44:23

What is worship? Worship can be many things but when it comes down to it, Worship is glorifying God. It is glorying God with everything that you have. This can be through art, dance, in the way we act, and in the way we live.Worship is something that can’t be described fully, it is an experience. Worship is looking at God, and only at God; focusing on His love, His majesty, His beauty. Worship…my favorite thing to do. I lay down all my troubles and stresses for the day, I lay it all down and just look at my Heavenly Daddy. When I focus on him…everything just seems to float away, it doesn’t matter anymore.

“All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name.”Psalm 66:4

Our Heavenly Daddy is so good! He is so wonderful! He is so majestic! He is worth every single ounce of our praise! If he is worth every single ounce of our praise (and more), then why do we hold back when God says he wants all of us? “And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.” (Mark 12:30) We step back and say,”Woah God, maybe I will give you 80% of my heart and then leave the other 20% for the other things I love.” But God deserves everything we have to offer. Will it be enough? No, but we don’t do it because we are working towards salvation, we do it because God already paid for OUR SINS. He has already broken down the wall between us and God. We just need to accept what He has done for us and say I WANT a relationship with my creator. Then, we get to praise and worship him for all He has done!

“And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”Revelation 5:13

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: